Summit Software Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “SummitAI”, “we” or “us”) respects the privacy of its customers, business partners, and visitors to its Website (as defined below). The SummitAI Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”) describes the information we collect, how we obtain the information, and how we may use or disclose that information for its IT Hero Rises Program. This Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how individuals can contact us about our privacy practices.
This Privacy Statement only covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained:
1. Through the SummitAI websites at www.symphonysummit.com (collectively, our “Website”).
2. In connection with the use of applications downloaded to a User’s mobile device (“Mobile Applications”).
3. In connection with the use of our hosted software applications (the “Subscription Service”) and related support services (“Support Services”), as well as expert services, including professional services, training, and certification (the “Expert Services”) that we provide to Customers.
In this Privacy Statement, the Subscription Service, Support Services, and the Expert Services are collectively referred to as the “Service.” This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of third parties that SummitAI does not own or control or individuals that SummitAI does not employ or manage.
This Privacy Notice also does not apply to information that we receive or handle on behalf of our subscribers in our role as a service provider, such as information that we receive through SummitAI’s IT Hero Rises Program or other SummitAI services, including any apps we make available for use by services subscribers (collectively, the “Subscription Services”). Such information is governed by the terms of the applicable subscription services agreement rather than this Privacy Notice.
For Privacy Statement:
“Customer” means any entity that purchases or evaluation of products and services or any other means SummitAI deems fit.
“Customer Data” means the electronic data uploaded into the Subscription Service by or for Customer or its Users.
“Visitor” means a visitor of the Website.
“User” means an individual authorized by the Customer to access and use the Subscription Service.
How We Obtain Information for our IT Hero Rises Program
As further described below, we collect several types of personal data from and about our Visitors.
- “Personal Data” is information that, directly or indirectly, identifies you or another individual and which may include: name, title, company name, job function, expertise, postal address, telephone number, email address, browser and device information (including IP Address), and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies. Suppose you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us or our service providers in connection with the SummitAI IT Hero Rises Program. In that case, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information according to this Privacy Notice.
- Other Information. “Other Information” is any information that does not and cannot be used to reveal your identity or that of another individual, such as information that has been fully and permanently anonymized and aggregated. We use this information to facilitate our operation of the SummitAI IT Hero Rises Program and for other purposes described below.
- Through the SummitAI IT Hero Rises Program: We collect information through the SummitAI IT Hero Rises Program forms, e.g., Offline:
- Through You: SummitAI collects information such as your location or preferred means of communication when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Data, this information does not personally identify you or any other participant of the SummitAI IT Hero Rises Program.
- Information From Other Sources: To enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version (such as the Apps) you are using. Your “IP Address” is a number automatically assigned to the computer you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you submit your response to the SummitAI IT Hero Rises Program, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. SummitAI uses IP Addresses to calculate usage levels of the Sites, help diagnose problems with its servers, administer the Sites, and monitor the regions from which you navigate to SummitAI’s Sites.
- Through Your Use of the Apps: When you download and use an App, our service providers and we track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies: “Cookies” include commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on an individual’s device to enable the individual to more easily communicate and interact with the Sites. When you visit our Sites, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us to store information about your device, which helps us, amongst other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse our SummitAI IT Hero Rises Program and enhance the level of services and functions provided. We also use third parties to serve advertisements on other websites that may interest you, based on information collected about your use of our Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar on your browser. SummitAI recognizes automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include ‘do not track’ instructions. Please review our Cookies Policy for more information.
- By Aggregating Information: Aggregated Personal Data does not personally identify you or any other Sites user (for example, we may aggregate Personal Data to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).